Host students in my home
Why host an international student?
Every year, hundreds of our students stay with carefully selected local Homestay hosts. The experience for both can be enriching and memorable.
Criteria for selecting a family
A “family” can consist of a single host mother or father, older retired couple, couples without children, family with both parents working outside the home or a traditional family with children and a stay-at-home parent.
English must be the language spoken in the home when students are present.
Our families host international students for many reasons. Primarily, they seek a cultural experience for themselves or their own children. Hosting strictly for financial reasons is not sufficient, as there is no guarantee that a student will be placed in the home.
Our families must have the time to be involved with the student as they would be with their own child – and provide a home-away-from-home.
Basic home requirements to host a student
- A private bedroom for the student.
- A room with adequate light, a comfortable bed, chest of drawers, desk and a closet.
- Host is to provide pillows, bed linen, towels, toilet paper, shower curtains, etc.
- Host is to provide up to three meals a day plus reasonable snacks and beverages.
- A safe and caring environment.
Once we receive your application, we will contact you if your area is in demand for our program . The application process is completed only after we visit your home, you sign an agreement, and you submit a valid Criminal Record Check.
* information required